If you are anything like us, you may have several containers of floss lurking in the bathroom cabinets… collected after every trip to the dentist where you swear to yourself you will be better at remembering to floss in the future.
A bathroom cabinet is a place where it is very easy to build up a stash of plastics.. and floss is one of the worst culprits. Not only is the container made of the type of plastic that will end up in landfill taking years to biodegrade... but the actual strings of floss themselves are made of nylon.
As floss is so small and light, it often avoids landfill and ends up being washed into the oceans. Unfortunately, floss is designed not to break, creating a nightmare situation when it wraps itself around marine life.
There are various materials that can be used to make eco-friendly floss. Including silk and PLA plastics. The former wasn’t an option for us as we wanted our floss to be vegan. Instead, we are using a bioplastic made from corn starch that can be composted. It is coated in natural candelilla wax and uses natural mint flavouring.
Our containers are made from glass and stainless steel and are intended to be reused.
Floss is a great way to take a small step into the world of plastic-free - making this change makes a huge difference.
- Compostable in an industrial composter
- Not Tested on Animals, Vegan
- Made from cornstarch bioplastic or Bamboo fibre, candelilla wax and natural mint flavouring.
- No Silk, No beeswax, no plastic
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device